The Simrad 38-7 is a
38 kHz single beam transducer
The Simrad 38-7 is a large, single beam transducer incorporating 88 Tonpilz elements. It has a relatively narrow beam with substantial range capability.
- Fishery echo sounders
- Hydrographic echo sounders
Key technical specifications
Note that the specifications can be altered without prior warning. For a full set of specifications, see the data sheet.
- Frequency: 38 kHz
- Circular beamwidth: 7 ±1°
- Maximum pulse power input: 4000 W
- Maximum transducer depth: 50 m
- Cable length: 20 m
- Weight without cable: 40 kg
- Physical dimensions:
- Diameter: 480 mm
- Height: 150 mm
- Transducer, complete: KSV-082776
- Supporting beam: 099-206575 (*)
- Mounting ring: 499-074076 (*)
(*) These items must be ordered separately.
The following drawings can be downloaded.
-  Arctic tank, outline dimensions
-  Arctic tank, installation
-  Transducer mounting ring
-  Steel blister
-  Transducer mounting arrangement
-  Transducer outline dimensions
-  Steel blister
-  Transducer mounting procedure
-  Steel tank
-  Support beam, mounting
-  Support beam, drilling template
Click here to download documents.
How to access the DWG files
Whenever available, each drawing is provided on both PDF and DWG formats. When applicable, the DWG version of the drawing is included in the PDF file as an attachment.
- Open the PDF file in the normal manner.
- Observe the "Attachment" icon in the lower left corner.
- Click the icon to open the list of attachments.
- Click on the DWG file provided, and select required action on the menu above the list.
- Attachement icon
- Menu: Open or save the attachment file
The following 38 kHz transducers are available.
Single beam transducers
Dual frequency single beam transducers
Dual frequency split beam transducers