Please note that these products have been discontinued.
Simrad SH80 Fish finding sonar
Cleaning the sonar transducer
The transducer normally needs little attention. However, the transducer face must be inspected and cleaned when docking.
- Place the vessel in dry dock.
- Ensure that the distance between the vessel hull and the bottom of the dry dock is sufficient to lower the transducer.
- Lower the transducer.
- Perform a thorough check of the transducer. If necessary, clean the transducer.
Once inspection and cleaning has been done, hoist the transducer up into the trunk.
- To clean the transducer, use normal synthetic soap and water.
- To remove marine growth, use fine-grade sandpaper or emery paper.
- Do not use strong solvents.
- Do not attempt to scrape of marine growth with sheets of metal, screwdrivers or other tools made of metal or hard plastic.
- Do not use high pressure water to clean the transducer.
Refer to your user manual for a more detailed procedure.