Simrad PX MultiSensor Catch monitoring sensor
Down & Front (DF)
The Simrad PX MultiSensor is available in two different types:
- Down & Side (DS)
- Down & Front (DF)
The two names indicate the physical location of the application
transducers. On the Down & Side (DS) sensor, these point sideways
and downwards. On the Down & Front (DF) sensor, these point forward
and downwards. Both sensor types hold the forward looking transducer to
provide the communication with the PI system on your vessel.
The basic version of the Down & Front (DF) PX MultiSensor
offers any two combinations of the following measurements:
- Spread (mounted on the port door)
- Geometry (mounted on the footrope or headrope)
- Remote for Geometry (mounted on the starboard and port
- Remote for Spread (mounted on the starboard door)
By means of the PX Configurator application, you can
easily set up the sensor to provide the two measurements you need.
- You can place a DF sensor on a trawl door to measure its pitch
movements. At the same time, the sensor will also provide you with
the height over the seabed.
- You can place a DF sensor on the starboard or port trawl door
to measure both the pitch and roll of movements the door.
- You can place a DF sensor on the headrope to work with two
other DF sensors on the trawl doors. These will measure the geometry.