Simrad SU90 Fish finding sonar
Hull Units for the SU90 sonar
The Simrad SU90 fish finding sonar can be provided with one of the following hull units. Which hull unit to choose depends on the size of your vessel and the operational requirements.
- Simrad SU92 (standard) lowers the transducer 1.2 meters below the ship's hull. Maximum vessel speed is 21 knots.
- Simrad SU93 lowers the transducer to 1.6 meters below the hull. Maximum vessel speed is 18 knots.
- Simrad SU94 lowers the transducer to 2.1 meters below the hull. Maximum speed with the transducer fully extended is 11 knots. With the transducer placed in its "middle" position, the speed can be increased.
Each hull unit (except SU94) can be supplied with 4.6 or 7 m transducer cable. The SU94 is only supplied with 4.6 m transducer cable.
- Hand crank for manual hoisting and lowering
- Transducer cable with plug that connects to the Transceiver Unit
- Hoist motor
- Motor Control Unit
- Transducer shaft
- Transducer shaft sleeve
- Mounting flange
- Installation trunk (not a part of the hull unit)
When the sonar is switched on, press the Down button on the Operating Panel to lower the transducer into the water. Before the sonar is switched off, press the Up button on the Operating Panel to retract the transducer into the installation trunk for protection. If you forget this, the transducer is hoisted automatically before the sonar is switched off. It is also hoisted automatically if a serious malfunction occurs to the communication between the bridge and the hull unit.
The transducer can also be lowered to any selected middle position. In case of voltage failure, the transducer can be raised or lowered manually by means of a hand crank.
Outline dimensions drawings