Simrad ES18 is a 18 kHz split beam echo sounder transducer
The Simrad ES18 is a split-beam transducer incorporating 44 tonpilz elements distributed over four quadrants. It is ideal for use with ocean depth measurements to a maximum water depth of 7000 m.
- Fish finding echo sounders
- Scientific echo sounders
Key technical specifications
Note that the specifications can be altered without prior warning. For a full set of specifications, see the data sheet.
- Frequency: 18 kHz
- Circular beamwidth: 11 ±2°
- Maximum input pulse power: 2000 W
- Maximum continuous input power: 100 W
- Maximum transducer depth: 50 m
- Cable length: 20 m
- Weight with cable: 85 kg
- Physical dimensions:
- Diameter: 625 mm
- Height: 175 mm
- Complete transducer: KSV-088694
- Mounting ring: 499-088814 (*)
- Arctic tank assembly: 499-109506 (*)
- Steel tank: 599-110090 (*)
(*) These items must be ordered separately.
The following drawings can be downloaded.
-  Transducer outline dimensions
-  Steel tank, production
-  Arctic tank, production
-  Mounting ring
-  Mounting arrangement
-  Mounting procedure
-  Connection diagram
-  Generic steel blister
-  Generic blister for ceramic transducers
Click here to download documents.
How to access the DWG files
Whenever available, each drawing is provided on both PDF and DWG formats. When applicable, the DWG version of the drawing is included in the PDF file as an attachment.
- Open the PDF file in the normal manner.
- Observe the "Attachment" icon in the lower left corner.
- Click the icon to open the list of attachments.
- Click on the DWG file provided, and select required action on the menu above the list.
- Attachement icon
- Menu: Open or save the attachment file