Simrad PI Spread Catch monitoring sensor
In order to make accurate spread measurements,
the sensors must be installed on the two trawl doors.
the sensor adaptors must be properly installed, and their protective
cages must be fabricated correctly for the system to operate as designed.
Misaligned sensors or cages that interfere with the sensors
communication signals will negatively effect system performance. It
is therefore highly recommended that the installation of the sensor
adapters is not be hastily undertaken, but rather carefully planed
and then executed.
- The PI Spread sensor is mounted on the port door
- The PI Remote (or PI Remote/Depth) sensor is mounted on the
- Communication link between the PI Spread sensor and the PI
hydrophone, provides the distance between the trawl doors
- Optional communication link between the PI Remote/Depth sensor
and the PI hydrophone, this provides depth information
- The transverse link between the two sensors is used to measure
- Angle of attack