Simrad PI Spread/Depth sensor
The PI Spread/Depth sensor and the PI Remote (or PI Remote/Depth) sensors must be mounted in dedicated adapters on each trawl door. These adapters must be installed beforehand. Detailed information on how to install the adapters are provided with the installation kit. The PI Spread/Depth sensor is mounted on the port door, while the PI Remote (or PI Remote/Depth) sensor is mounted on the starboard door.
The two sensor adaptors must be properly installed, and their protective cages fabricated correctly for the system to operate as designed. Misaligned sensors or cages that interfere with the sensors’ communication signals will negatively effect system performance. It is therefore highly recommended that the installation of the PI Spread/Depth and PI Remote sensor adapters not be hastily undertaken, but rather carefully planed and then executed.
- The PI Spread/Depth sensor is mounted on the port door.
- The PI Remote (or PI Remote/Depth) sensor is mounted on the starboard door
- Communication link between the PI Spread/Depth sensor and the PI hydrophone, provides distance and depth information
- Optional communication link between the PI Remote/Depth sensor and the PI hydrophone, provides depth information
- The transverse link between the two sensors is used to measure the distance
- Angle of attack