Simrad PI Remote/Depth
The PI Remote/Depth sensor is designed for pelagic and bottom trawls. It can be used on single and twin trawls, but must be paired with a PI Spread or PI Spread/Depth sensor.
- The PI Spread sensor is mounted on the port trawl door
- The Remote/Depth sensor is mounted on the starboard door
- The Spread sensor communicates the distance between the trawl doors to the PI system on the vessel
- The Remote/Depth sensor communicates the current depth of the starboard trawl door to the PI system on the vessel
- Using the transverse communication link, the two sensors measure the distance between the trawl doors